2013年10月16日 星期三

A New Hobby


When I was a little boy I was really interested with cars. I always drew cars when I had spare time and I loved to collect model cars. Now I am older I still love to collect and draw cars. Nothing has changed. Maybe I am still a little boy.

Last week my brother introduced me to a new hobby, radio controlled cars. It is a very popular hobby and some students in this school may have their own RC cars. It is a very expensive toy, so you will have to save a lot of money to buy one.


I bought a car that I had to build myself. Building the car was very enjoyable and it was a little difficult. Students may need help from their parents to build the car. It took me a day to build the car. At the end of the day I was able to drive the car around my house. It is a lot of fun to drive; I might bring the car in to school one day to let you drive it in the covered playground!



Here are some more pictures of my car. But there is something missing from my car, can you guess what it is?




I have not painted the car yet! I do not know what colour to use, do you have any ideas?

If you want to help, you can ask Mr. Chapman for a colouring worksheet to design the car. I will pick the best design and the winners will get a prize!!!! 






82 則留言:

  1. Man Tsz Chun 6C(22)2013年10月17日 凌晨2:43

    Hi Mr.Chapman!i think your pictures are very beautiful.Can you teach to draw?

    回覆刪除
  2. Ng Wing Sum(Yoyo 6c)2013年10月17日 凌晨3:10

    Hi ,Mr .Chapman! Is the car diffcult to build?Can you take the car back to school next week . We all want to see your car.

    回覆刪除
  3. So Kin Hang,Carl 6C(27)2013年10月17日 凌晨4:34

    Hi,Mr.Chapman! Is the RC car hard to drive?Do you enjoy playing this car? I hope I can see your colourful car.

    回覆刪除
  4. Lam Yu Donald6c(16)2013年10月17日 凌晨4:38

    Hi ,Mr .Chapman! I think your car is veryattractive and cool! I hope I hope I can have a radio controlled car too. If you colour it, maybe the car will like the tiny real car! I hope you can choose your best design.

    回覆刪除
  5. Hi everyone,
    The car was easy to build, but that was because I have a lot of experience making models. If you are a beginner, you need your parents to help you!
    I am looking forward to seeing some amazing designs, I will choose the best design and then paint my car! The winner will get a mystery prize and not just a certificate! :P
    I will bring the car in after I have painted it to show everyone. Maybe, I will let some students drive it too.It is a lot of fun to drive!

    回覆刪除
  6. Tai On Kei,Angel6C(29)2013年10月17日 清晨5:51

    Hello Mr Chapman ! Although I don't like making model car, I think your model car looks like a real car ! How long did you make this beautiful model car? I really want to drive your car !
    I think all the classmates are looking foward to play with you and your new car.

    回覆刪除
  7. Chan Yu Hin,David 6c032013年10月17日 清晨6:02

    Hi,Mr.Chapman!Your own model car is so cool!You make it by yourself,that sounds great!I want to make my own model car too,can you teach me how to make?

    回覆刪除
  8. Ho Cheuk Lam, Matthew(11)2013年10月17日 清晨6:50

    Hi, Mr Chapman!Your model car is very great and cool! What did you feel when you were builing your model car? Where did you buy the ingredients of your model car? Can you bring it to school in next week? I like your model car very much!

    回覆刪除
  9. Wong Tsun Hin,Cody 6c 352013年10月17日 清晨7:18

    Hi! Mr Chapman your artworks are very great,especially the cars and models.Can you show us about it.Tomorrw is our school's sport day,hope you will enjoy it.

    回覆刪除
  10. Lam Lok Man,Eunice6C152013年10月17日 清晨7:30

    Hi! Mr Chapman.Your model car is very beautiful and cool.I think you are diligent.I am eager to see your car as soon as posible.Can you let me drive your car?

    回覆刪除
  11. Pun Ka Hi,Vennea6c262013年10月17日 上午8:41

    Hi ! Mr.Chapman.Your car is really good-looking and beautiful. Can I get one? Tomorrw is Sport Day, you can take it to school and play it with us!!!!!!

    回覆刪除
  12. What kind of cars do you like?I tried to play radio controlled cars in the last summer too!But that was a tiny one which was like a nut.It looked like a racing car.I painted that car in golden and silver because I wanted it to become as shiny as the sun.I sincerely hope that I can help in painting your car!I like drawing robots too!Could you please kindly give me some ideas on how to draw them?

    回覆刪除
  13. Lau Hoi Wai,Winnie6C172013年10月18日 清晨5:56

    Hi! Mr.Chapman! I think your car is great and beautiful.I like your car very much!Can you bring your car to school and let me to play it?

    回覆刪除
  14. I am Cheu Chun Yin in 6C(5).I love car too.I have many model car.Can we play together?

    回覆刪除
  15. Ho Sin Ying,Cindy 6C (13)2013年10月18日 晚上8:31

    Hi! Mr.Chapman. Your model car is beautiful. During the summer holiday, I have made a model car too, but it is made of lego. I think yours is better than mine. I hope I can play your model car one day.^.^

    回覆刪除
  16. Ho Hei Tung ,Bobo 6C2013年10月18日 晚上10:11

    Hi,Mr.Chapman!Your model car is very beautiful. I am colouring the worksheet to design your car ! I will do my best to help you colour the model car!!!

    回覆刪除
  17. Chan Sze Wing,Wing 6c022013年10月18日 晚上11:16

    Hi,Mr.Chapman!Your model is very nice.How long did you spend on your car?I also want to try to make it!

    回覆刪除
  18. cheung yuen ting,minnie 6c062013年10月18日 晚上11:58

    you are good at making this kind of things,it is very nice,if you paint it,can you pose it in your blog?

    回覆刪除
  19. Ng Cheuk Ying,Cherry 6C(23)2013年10月19日 凌晨12:09

    Hi,Mr.Chapman! I think your car is very nice,how can you made this car?I want to see your car after you paint it,can you bring it back to school after painting?

    回覆刪除
  20. Lee Wai Tin,Ricky(6C)2013年10月19日 凌晨2:36

    Hi,Mr.Chapman!Your car is very beautiful and very nice! I like to make cars too. Can you bring the car to school and show it to me?

    回覆刪除
  21. Chan Sze Wa,Sarah 6c(1)2013年10月19日 凌晨4:47

    Hi,Mr.Chapman!I really want to help you to colour the car but I don' t have much time. However,I can give you some advice!I think the car ' s front can colour some rad and yellow,the middle can colour same red and black and the back can colour some black and deep blue.

    回覆刪除
  22. Choi Mun Ching, Gillian2013年10月19日 清晨5:37

    Hi! Mr. Chapman! I am Gillian from 6C.Although I was not very interested on making the car, I think your car is very handsome. I like your drawing too! I will join the contest of colour the car certainly. Wish you can keep on making model cars and bring them to share with us!

    回覆刪除
  23. Tsui Wing Tung,Angel6C(32)2013年10月19日 清晨6:10

    Hi! Mr Chapman! I am Angel Tsui. I screamed when I saw your car pictures! They were very beautiful. I drew a car picture before. But it was very ugly.*_* I hope I can learn from you.

    回覆刪除
  24. Hey, Mr .Chapman
    Whats up !I really enjoy to see your drawing . It was totally AMAZING !!!! Know what ,I cant draw well so I draw a car like A UFO!!! Haha...
    Have a Beautiful day
    Lo Chun Tat ,Golden 6C (20)

    回覆刪除
  25. Kwong Ching Yi, Vivian (6.C)2013年10月19日 清晨7:41

    Hi! Mr Chapman! I am VIvian Kwong in 6C.I had a lot of car too. When I was young, I always went to the park to play radio controlled cars. However, I am busy now so I cannot play them. Your drawing is very good. I hope I can learn from you.

    回覆刪除
  26. Thank you for everyone's comments I will bring in the painted car when I have picked the winning design! I think I will write a blog about drawing cars and robots soon!
    I had a really enjoyable sports day! I hope you all did as well. Did you all run in the apple race?

    回覆刪除
  27. Chen Wu Yun, Iris 6C2013年10月19日 晚上10:43

    Hi, Mr Chapman! I like drawing very much.I don't like making model car but my father likes this hobby very much.You can share your experience each other.Your design is cool and beautiful.I hope to see your radio controlled car at the school.

    回覆刪除
  28. Chiu Suet Man, Maggie 6c(8)2013年10月20日 凌晨12:18

    Hi, Mr Chapman! I think your car is very cool! Were you tired after finished to build the model car? I like your model car very much! Hope you can bring the model car to let us see!

    回覆刪除
  29. Hi!Mr.Chapman!Your car is very cool!Can you take it to school!And I have a car too!
    Wan On Yee,Annie 6C

    回覆刪除
  30. Law Cheuk Him, William 6C (18)2013年10月20日 凌晨1:13

    Hello! Mr. Chapman. Your model car is splendid! It looks like a racing car. If it was a real car, I would love driving it! I also want to make a model car but I have no time to make it, especially the exam is coming. I even don't know where can I buy it, can you tell me? I hope you can bring your model car to the school and let us play with it!

    回覆刪除
  31. wong hin yeung 6C342013年10月20日 凌晨1:55

    Hello! Mr. Chapman.The model car is good! I hope you can have a good design of colour of the model car.And I want to look at it,can you bring back to the school.

    回覆刪除
  32. Sze Lok Yi,Emily 6c(28)2013年10月20日 凌晨2:47

    Hi! Mr.Chapman.Your model car is really cool.It look like a real car.Is it difficult to make a model car? It sounds so interesting to make a car by ourselves.

    回覆刪除
  33. Hi Mr Chapman! I am Tsang Wing Ching,Nicole, from Class 6C. Your drawing is good. I believe you must have put a lot of efforts in this hobby. I like drawing too but these days I am busy in preparing for the upcoming examinations. After the examinations I hope I am able to learn more about drawing skills.

    回覆刪除
  34. Hi,Mr.Chapman.I am Mandy Choi from 6C. Your model is good-looking and amazing.How can you make it?Is it hard to make a car? I think your design is beautiful .Hope you can design many model cars and share with us !

    回覆刪除
  35. Hi,Mr.Chapman.I am Cloris from 6C.Your model car is really cool and beautiful.I also like drawing but my exam is coming.Can you take your car back and let me to drive in your lesson?

    回覆刪除
  36. Great! Mr Chapman,I am Flora from 5D .It will be my pleasure to design your model car.I hope I can won the prize.

    回覆刪除
  37. I think making models is a good hobby. I've made a model house before. It's interesting but now I don't have any leisure time to do it!

    回覆刪除
  38. I think having hobbies is very important. It lets you relax and do the things you enjoy. It gives you the time to be free from all of your work. Students have a lot of homework :( and teachers have a lot of homework too.
    Try and find that time to relax!

    回覆刪除
  39. heyman!i am joe.i am in class6B!Can you take the car back to school next week . We all want to see your car.It will be my pleasure to design your model car.I hope I can won the prize.



    回覆刪除
  40. It is a beautiful model . I think that the model has many colours because colours that means active and attentive.
    I like to draw picture too but i always draw cats , dogs and dolls.
    6B Kelly Mak

    回覆刪除
  41. 回覆
    1. *-* $-$ ^3^HeHe......(carmen in your class)

      刪除
  42. What a perpect model! If I can,I'd like to have one too!^3^
    (Choi Ka Man,carmen in6B) (I can't put my name to title@-@)

    回覆刪除
  43. What a fun hobby! Please let us know when you will take the car back to school. I'd love to drive it too. It will be great if our students can drive it in the covered playground.

    回覆刪除
  44. Chan Ching Lam,belle2013年10月24日 清晨7:34

    Hi Mr.Chanman. I am in class 6B.I like designing too but not car .My hobby is design dress .Your hobby is fun too I think I cann't finsh the car
    uniess 1year.

    回覆刪除
  45. Hi Mr.Chanman.I am in class 6A.My name is Cyril.I also have a RC car,that is very beatiful,the body is white,I like it very much!
    ^v^

    回覆刪除
  46. I very like toy car ,because it is very fun.my sister play with me.I have many
    toy car at home.
    And i have many RC car at home.I like the write car .is very becauiful

    回覆刪除
  47. Hi Mr.Chapman.I am Diamond in class 4D.Your car is so cool but your car has not colour. You can colour some cool colour .Maybe red.

    回覆刪除
  48. Hello MR.Chpman.I am jimmy .I also like cars. Your car is beautiful.I think your car colour is blue.buy!!!

    回覆刪除
  49. 4D(6)Cyruff Cheung2013年11月6日 凌晨1:10

    I like making model cars too.It is fun! I have twenty-eight model cars now.My friends like making model cars too.

    回覆刪除
    回覆
    1. Wong Yin Ming Samuel 4D(33)2013年11月6日 凌晨1:37

      I like making models too!

      刪除
  50. Hi Mr.Chapman!My name is Coco.Your car is so cool.I like the car very much!I also have a RC car,that is very beautiful.^.^

    回覆刪除
  51. 4D(32)Kenneth Wong2013年11月6日 凌晨1:21

    Hi Mr.Chpman.I am Kenneth.Ialso like piaying modei cars me brother also
    like it.I have more than thirty modeiand more than ten bus!

    回覆刪除
    回覆
    1. 4D(6)Cyruff Cheung2013年11月6日 凌晨1:28

      Hi Kenneth, I like toy buses too but I don't have any toy bus at home.

      刪除
    2. Wong Yin Ming Samuel 4D(33)2013年11月6日 凌晨1:39

      Wow!You have a lot of models!

      刪除
  52. Wong Yin Ming Samuel 4D(33)2013年11月6日 凌晨1:35

    I like Mr Chapman's hobby too.It is because this hobby like making models.It so cool!And Miss Charlotte is in Hong Kong two months!I think she likes Hong Kong a lot!

    回覆刪除
  53. Wong Yin Ming Samuel 4D(33)2013年11月6日 凌晨1:40

    I have a lot of toy cars too!

    回覆刪除
  54. Wong Chor Man ,Ziky 4D (31)2013年11月6日 凌晨2:49

    Hi! Mr. Chapman.I am Ziky Wong in Class 4D. I think your hobby is very fun. When I was a little girl, I had a lot of toy cars too! It is because I think playing toy cars is fun.

    回覆刪除
  55. I have a lot of toy cars at home too.I like to play toy cars when I am small.But now I don't like playing toy cars because I think toy cars is for boys.

    回覆刪除
  56. I think blue colour is the best colour for your RC car.

    回覆刪除
  57. I think you are not a little boy,because when someone grow up they also can play toy cars.

    回覆刪除
  58. Hi !Mr Chapmam.I am Peony in class 4D.I like your beautiful toy cars very much.

    回覆刪除
  59. I am Bobo from 4D.I think your car is beautiful.my little brother must want one!

    回覆刪除
  60. I like making models and playing RC car too!

    回覆刪除
  61. I am nathan in class 4d.Your car is beautiful,but your car is not colourful,so your car can colour some cool colour,maybe black or red.

    回覆刪除
  62. Hi!Mr Chapman.I have a lot of toy car because my brother like playing toy car!

    回覆刪除
  63. hi!mr chapman.your car is beautiful.

    回覆刪除
  64. Hi! Mr.chapman! Your hobby is very fun!

    回覆刪除
  65. You did very well!Mr.chapman!
    6D14

    回覆刪除
  66. That is very good.
    6d13

    回覆刪除
  67. Mr.chapman your car is very cool! i like it very much!

    6D15 Lam Ming Yee

    回覆刪除
  68. The car is beautiful if walk I think is fast!

    回覆刪除
  69. Welcome to our school,Mrs Chalotte.We are very miss Mr Luke.Can you help us to greeting he.@v@

    回覆刪除
  70. Your hobby is very ineresting.

    回覆刪除
  71. Hi Mr.Chapman.My name is Cherry.Your hobby is ineresting!I think your car is very cool and so beautiful, I like and want it!You are violent,I think Building the car was very difficult

    回覆刪除
    回覆
    1. Hi Mr.Chapman.I like your works.I think your car is very cool and great. But your car is not colourful.You can fill some diffierent colour, maybe black or crimson.I hope I can make one.
      erica mok

      刪除
  72. mr.chapman,your car was cool!fantastic!!!

    回覆刪除
  73. 5d Hui TingFai,Oscar2014年2月20日 晚上7:02

    I also want to recieve a model car as yours!

    回覆刪除
  74. Mr.Chapman,do you feel happy.I like your work!

    回覆刪除
  75. Is beautiful!^o^I am 5c 05 Choi Wing Yi

    回覆刪除