2014年5月20日 星期二

Art and English

From a small age I have always enjoyed drawing and painting. When I was in primary school my favourite subject was Art. I had a great Art teacher and our lessons were always fun and interesting. I’m sure you all know that I enjoy drawing cars the most; I have shown you a few of my paintings on the blog already.



I love looking around me and finding interesting things, it helps keep my head creative and full of ideas. Even though my desk at school is very messy, it is full of different things.



I always read about different styles of art in the library and on the internet. Recently, I have become interested in “Graffiti”. You can see Graffiti all around us, the words and drawings scribbled on walls and on buildings.



Graffiti is a very cool style of art, but you must never break the law. Spraying and painting on walls and buildings is against the law. There are many ways to practise Graffiti without breaking the law.  


Draw on things that belong to YOU! For example, your notebook, any piece of paper and on the computer. Just because you like it, doesn't mean it is okay to draw on someone’s wall!



Challenge!

  • ·         Think of a word that is important to you, or you find interesting.
  • ·         Use the Graffiti style to draw your word on any piece of paper.
  • ·         Hand it in to Mr. Chapman by 13th of June 2014!
  • ·         Good Luck! You might win a prize! 


Here are some examples I found on the internet to help you out!





This is one I made! 

Have fun! 

62 則留言:

  1. Hi! Mr. chapman.I think your Graffiti is very attractive. You drew a swan and some flower to show the word grace.It is very suitable and it is really as grace as a swan! I love the Graffiti you drew. I hope I can make a Graffiti like you!

    6C16 Lam Yu, Donald

    回覆刪除
  2. Hi Mr.chapman.Your Graffiti is so beautiful.I want to do a Graffiti too. I hope my Graffiti can more beautiful!

    6D17 leung ching yan lilian

    回覆刪除
  3. 6C11Ho Cheuk Lam ,Matthew2014年5月23日 凌晨12:44

    Wow! What a beautiful graffiti! Can you teach me some skills of these great painting?I love it!

    回覆刪除
  4. 6C Ng Wing Sum, Yoyo2014年5月23日 凌晨3:57

    WOW! Your cars painting is very beautiful , but i like drawing animals cartoon. I also think your graffiti is also beautiful.I think I will do the graffiti with the word "cool". Y(^ 3 ^)Y

    回覆刪除
  5. Lau Hoi Wai,Winnie2014年5月23日 凌晨4:13

    Hi Mr.Chapman! I thik your cars and your graffiti is very beautiful .If you have time,can you teach me to draw them? I will try to make some graffiti.

    回覆刪除
  6. So Kin Hang,Carl 6C(27)2014年5月23日 凌晨4:53

    Hi Mr.Chapman!Your graffiti is so beautiful.I want to draw this graffiti,can you teach me how to do it?I think it is interesting.

    回覆刪除
  7. Tai On Kei,Angel6C292014年5月23日 清晨5:20

    Hello Mr Chapman!Your cars and your graffiti are amazing!They were ver beautiful!Can you teach me?I think you can try to be a Art teacher! (Otherwise,I don't think your desk is missy becuse mine is more missy than yours XD)

    回覆刪除
  8. Wong Tsun Hin,Cody2014年5月23日 清晨7:11

    Hi,Mr,Chapman,graffiti is not perfect enough,
    because i cannot see the 3 dimension effect,if you draw it ,it will be perfect.I really like your arts . Can you make a contest of drawing their favourite cartoon or movie character

    回覆刪除
  9. Chan Yu Hin,David 6C032014年5月23日 清晨7:20

    Wow!Mr.Chapman,your graffiti is so nice and your car is wonderful too!II will try to make a graffiti for you.

    回覆刪除
  10. Hi,Mr Chapman!I think your cars and graffiti are very beautiful and amazing.I love your design very much.Would you like to teach me how to draw them?
    Choi Man Yee,Mandy P.6C (9)

    回覆刪除
  11. Chiu Suet Man, Maggie P.6C(8)2014年5月23日 清晨7:57

    Hi, Mr. Chapman! Your painting are so beautiful! I'm very interested in it! I would like to dawn one too! I hope you like it!

    回覆刪除
  12. Hello, Mr. Chapman! I’ve just read your new blog, and seen your drawings. The car is really cool and graffiti is so nice. That swan and those flowers are like real. Moreover, the word ‘Grace’ was beautiful and interesting. I’ll try to make one like you in my spare time. Actually, my desk is also very messy like yours! XD

    posted by Wiliam 6C 18

    回覆刪除
  13. Hi,Mr.Champman!I think your painting is beautiful ,they are like the real thing!I tink drawing is a very good hobby ,I also think that drawing can help us to relax ,so I like drawing too,hope you can teach me the drawing skill in your spare time!

    Cherry Ng 6c(23)

    回覆刪除
  14. Lam Lok Man,Eunice6C152014年5月24日 凌晨12:11

    Hello,Mr Chapman!Your cars and the graffiti are very nice.It just like the real one.I think dwaring is good and can make me forget all unhappy things so that my hobby is drawing.I hope you can teach me how to make a beautiful graffiti like you!

    回覆刪除
  15. Chen Wu Yun, Iris 6C2014年5月24日 凌晨1:09

    Hi,Mr Chapman! I think your painting is great.The swan and flowers are beautiful.Why don't draw a car? I think it is also great.I have already used the Graffiti style to drawn the word important to me.In the process,I was very joyful because this is my first time use Graffiti style to drawn.It is interesting.
    ·

    回覆刪除
  16. Chan Sze Wa,Sarah 6C2014年5月24日 凌晨1:23

    Hi!Mr.Chapman!Your painting is brillant.Some times,I will saw some Graffitis in the street.They were beautiful.I will try to draw the word that important to me.

    回覆刪除
  17. Hi Mr Chapman,I'd like to ask did any of other places could let people do graffti but not breaking the law?

    回覆刪除
  18. Hi.Mr Chapman,I love your picture .It is very beautiful .I lovr it.
    6C Wan On Yee,Annie

    回覆刪除
  19. HI.Mr Chapman,i really like the picture you have made in your own,expecially for the swan,it is really 'graceful'!I hope I can learn from you and ceate some good drawings.
    TSang WIng Ching,Nicole 6C(30)

    回覆刪除
  20. Kwong Ching Yi, Vivian 6C (14)2014年5月24日 上午8:08

    Hi, Mr Chapman! Your Graffiti style design is very beautiful, I love it very much. Now, I am trying to make my own Graffiti style design. I hope it will be as beautiful as yours.
    Kwong Ching Yi, Vivian 6C (14)

    回覆刪除
  21. Sze Lok Yi,Emily 6C(28)2014年5月24日 上午8:14

    Hi,Mr.Chapman.I like your picture very much.It is special and beautiful.The swan and flowers are like real.I hope I can draw a picture as great as yours.

    回覆刪除
  22. Chan Sze Wing,Wing 6c(02)2014年5月24日 下午5:23

    Hi,Mr.Chapman.Your drawing is very beautiful.I like the swan most.I am designing my own Graffiti style design now.I hope it will as good as your Graffiti style design .Chan Sze Wing,Wing 6c(02)

    回覆刪除
  23. Choi Mun Ching, Gillian2014年5月24日 晚上7:28

    Hello! Mr. Chapman. I like your artistic works very much! They are very beautiful and also special. I like drawing too and I will design my own Graffiti style design after the test. I hope you can show us more about your Graffiti style design or other cool pictures later.

    Choi Mun Ching, Gillian 6C (10)

    回覆刪除
  24. Hi,Mr.Chapman.I think the Graffiti is very nice.i want to make a Graffiti in my bedroom but I think it will be very difficult.

    6D Lam Ming Yee

    回覆刪除
  25. Wong Hin Yeung,Matt 6C342014年5月24日 晚上10:47

    Hello! Mr. Chapman.The Graffiti are very nice,I like it very much.But we can not do the Graffiti on the public area, it may break the law.I am going to do a Graffiti after test. I hope my Graffiti can be as beautiful as yours.

    Wong Hin Yeung,Matt 6C34

    回覆刪除
  26. Hi! Mr.Chapman. The Graffiti is very beautiful. I hope I can have a Graffiti too.Can you teach me how to do it?

    6D(6) Cheung Tsz Yin,Gigi

    回覆刪除
  27. Hi,Mr Chapman!I think that your Graffiti is great,but you can make it more wilder.Although some of the Graffiti may break the law,I still think that it is a brilliant art.However,I must do the Graffiti after test.I hope I can make a wonderful Graffiti for you.

    回覆刪除
  28. Hello!Mr.Chapman.Your graffiti is the most beautiful that i have seen!Wonderful! I hope i can do it beautifully like you

    回覆刪除
  29. Hello!Mr.Chapman.I have just read your blog.Your painting were so beautiful and I like your car very much.I will try to painting also after the test.
    6D 05 Cheng Wing Tung,Nicole

    回覆刪除
  30. Hello!Mr.Chapmen.The car you draw is very beautiful! I like it very much! I will try to make a graffiti in Saturdays and Sundays. ^v^
    6D 14Lam Lok Pui ,Deborah

    回覆刪除
  31. Hello,Mr.Chapmen.The graffiti you drew is very beautiful. I am now going to draw one on the paper too.I would like to draw it on the wall in my room,but I think it is very difficult. x_x
    Hope my drawing can be better,as good as yours ,you know that I draw very bad ,haha.
    By 6C Bobo Ho

    回覆刪除
  32. Hi,Mr.Chapman.I think the graffiti is beautiful.I like it very much!I will try to do a graffiti after the test.Can you teach me how to make a graffiti?

    回覆刪除
  33. Hi,Mr.Chapman.I think your graffiti is very outstanding.Graffiti is an art that can show your own style.I hope you can give more surprise for us!I will do my graffiti soon.

    回覆刪除
  34. Hi!Mr.Chapamn.I think graffitis are interesting!!!
    I hope I can make a graffiti as beautiful as your's

    回覆刪除
  35. Lee Wai Tin, Ricky 6C (19)2014年5月25日 清晨6:40

    Hello! Mr. Chapman. I like your drawings very much. Thank you for teaching us what graffiti is. I will try it later!

    回覆刪除
  36. Hey! Mr.Chapman,I will try to make the work!

    by Pearl Hau

    回覆刪除
  37. Hello!Mr.Chapmen.The graffiti is very beautiful! I like it very much! I

    回覆刪除
  38. Hi! Mr. Chapman,

    Your graffiti is very beautiful. I like it very much. I will try to make one after the coming exam. Thank you!

    Valerie Kong (^o^)
    3B

    回覆刪除
  39. Frankly, I don't like Graffiti but I hope our students can show us their good work. By the way, is the word 'Grace' important to you?

    回覆刪除
  40. Mr. Chapman,I like that graffitti you did(the GRACE one),and I found the some place allows you to do graffiti in walls,like Warsaw in Poland,Zürich in Switzerland,the Venice Graffiti Pit in Venice Beach,CA in U.S. .Those places allows you to have graffiti fun!!!

    By Lo Chun Tat ,Golden 6C(20)

    回覆刪除
  41. Mr. Chapman,I like that graffitti you did(the GRACE one),and I found the some place allows you to do graffiti in walls,like Warsaw in Poland,Zürich in Switzerland,the Venice Graffiti Pit in Venice Beach,CA in U.S. .Those places allows you to have graffiti fun!!!

    By Lo Chun Tat ,Golden 6C(20)

    回覆刪除
  42. Thank you to everyone that posted a reply! I hope everyone found this interesting even though I know not everyone likes Graffiti!
    Everyone must be busy working hard for their exams. Good luck to all of you! I hope that after the exam everyone can try drawing and enter my competition! I look forward to seeing some interesting and beautiful drawings.
    "Grace" has many meanings; it can mean "smoothness". For example if a dancer moves with grace, it means he/she moves with style and with elegance.
    It can also mean "politeness" and "good manners". I think it is an important word and we can all learn from this word.

    回覆刪除
  43. Hi Mr.Chapman.I am linda.Your painting is baeutiful.I like it very much!And I also like the graffiti!

    回覆刪除
  44. I think graffiti is a very beatiful art. I think I will try it at home

    4D Henry Yeung

    回覆刪除
  45. hi.i am jimmy. your painting is very beautiful.i hope you can have more beautiful painting

    回覆刪除
  46. Mr.Chapman ,your Graffiti are so cool and beautiful.A swan are good.What a great Graffiti ! Well done!

    回覆刪除
  47. Mr.Chapman i am Apple Chow.your painting is beautiful.I want to join the this.

    回覆刪除
  48. Your drawing is beautiful ! Can you teach me on your lesson?

    回覆刪除
  49. HI ! Mr chapman. your drawing is beautiful ! can you teach me.

    回覆刪除
  50. Iam Bobo Au.I like drawing very much.But I don't like graffiti.I like painting oil paint as well.

    回覆刪除
  51. Hi!I am Yoyo Li. The graffiti is beautiful. I like your drawing very much!

    回覆刪除
  52. I am diamond.I think your 'Grace'' is pretty.I like the graffiti a lot. Can you teach me?

    回覆刪除
  53. P.4D Ziky Wong (31)2014年6月11日 凌晨3:13

    Hello! Mr.Chapman, I am Ziky Wong from Class 4D. I think your graffiti is very beautiful. I also fond of drawing, painting and graffiti. I always draw the picture in my spare time. I enjoy drawing cartoon characters most. I like Art too!

    回覆刪除
  54. P.4D Sammy Fung (13)2014年6月11日 凌晨4:06

    Hello! I am Sammy from 4D. Your graffiti is great and cool . I also like drawing when I am tired . Can you taech me more about art?

    回覆刪除
  55. P4D Anson Nam(24)2014年6月11日 凌晨4:56

    The Graffiti is so cool!I love it!

    回覆刪除
  56. Hello!I am Chloe!Your graffiti is beautiful.Your painting is also cool and colorful!

    回覆刪除
  57. Hello! Mr.Chapman,I am Peony Pang from 4D.Your Graffti is very beautiful

    回覆刪除
  58. Hi,mr.Chapman.I am Gladys Fung from 4d.Your Graffiti is so beautiful. Can you teach me in your lesson?

    回覆刪除
  59. It's very beautiful and amazing.

    回覆刪除
  60. Ho Lung Ho,Hollis4D(14)2014年6月19日 凌晨3:15

    The graffiti is so awesome and so creative. i'm loving it.

    回覆刪除
  61. Hi, Mr. Chapman. I am Zoe Man in 4D. Your Graffiti is so beautiful! Can you teach me?

    回覆刪除